Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Enough

This is not my only blog.

I have a very PC blog that I share with friends and family.

Posts are mostly about my family's latest news: updates on my kids, the latest holiday celebrated or birthday parties we've attended, church, etc. I never vent and every post has a pleasant undertone so as not to offend anyone.

But at some point, enough is enough.

I have had enough of the niceties, the pleasantries, the politically correctness (probably especially the politically correctness).

If we are all honest with ourselves, life is just not always perfect and happy and complete.

About me:

I am in my late 20's, a mother of two with one more due in weeks.
I am married, own a business, run my home.
I am busy and rarely have time to upload pictures from my camera let alone complete a photo album or scrapbook.
I have a dog, a cat, a fish, and live in a suburb of a major city.
I love the arts: music, theatre, film and used to dream of being an actress.
I am a Christian and despite the stigma of perfection that society casts on Christians, I do complain, judge, cuss, and tell the occasional lie to get out of watching my friends kids (who I really can't stand).
I am organized and was once called Bree Van De Kamp because I like my house clean and tidy. It wasn't meant to be a compliment but I secretly took it as one.
If I won the lottery, the first thing that I would do would not be to donate to my favorite charity or tithe the 10% my church mandates monthly (and yes, thats a whole other topic). No, I would fly on a private jet to somewhere beautiful and far, I would stay in the most expensive and beautiful hotel, I would eat the most delicious organic food and drink the most elegant wine and I would love every minute of it.

Then I would come home and give to my charity and my church.

So yeah, I'm a bit selfish.

But you would never know.

Because that is not the me that everyone else sees. Because there are always so many pretenses. Because if I really said what I thought sometimes I would most definitely be blacklisted from more than a few social gathering and holiday parties.

And that is why I've started this blog. As a personal release of the irritations I regularly feel.

Whether you like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment